What information do we collect?
Cookies and information collected are distinguished in the following categories:
- Absolutely Necessary Cookies
We can use necessary cookies so that we activate the reception of services that you request on our websites. Without these cookies, the provision of the services that you have requested is not possible.
As an example, they can be used in our websites to:
- Memorize the information provided by you as you browse the website and manage your connection status during your visit.
- Allow for you to access secure areas of our website without you needing to be connected continuously in the service.
- Remember your previous actions (as the completion of an electronic form) when you return to a page during the same session.
- Performance Cookies
We can use performance cookies which collect information on the way of use of websites, advertisements and website and which point out any errors. These cookies can be used for the collection of enough analytic technical information, such as the last website that you visited, the number of pages you have visited, if you have opened the email that you received, at which points of the website or email you clicked us, as well as the time interval between clicks. Even if this information can be related with data such as the IP address, the sector and the information of the web browser, however they are analyzed cumulatively, with information that is collected by other users, in a way that does not allow your direct identification.
As an example, these cookies can be used in websites to:
- Analyze and improve the performance of websites, advertisements and our electronic communications.
- Manage the performance and the design of our websites.
- Calculate the number of responses to our advertisements, so that the effectiveness of the advertisement is improved.
- Appreciate the errors that are presented in our websites, so that our services and the management of complaints are improved.
- Operation Cookies
We can use operation cookies that are not essential, but activate useful operations in our websites.
As an example, they can be used in websites for:
- Remembering the preferences that you selected in your previous visit in the website, as the country/language, your interests and the appearance of website (eg. interface, font size, colors, etc), so that you do not need to set them again.
- Remembering the answers to questions placed to you in the websites, as if you wish to participate in a questionnaire of customer satisfaction, so that you are not asked again.
- Locating if some service has already been offered to you, as the provision of real time online help.
- Providing information so that is allowed the operation of an optional service, such as watching internet videos or posting comments in a blog.
- Providing local weather forecasts or briefings on the traffic, collecting data with regard to your current location (provided that you accept to share this information).
- Advertising or targeting cookies
Advertising or targeting cookies can be used in our websites in order to promote advertisements and to send you promotional messages that are related to you and your interests. These cookies can collect very analytic information with regard to your habits during your browsing in our websites (e.g. which products and services you click on). They can also be used in order to recognize when you visit one of our websites again and/or when you visit a website that belongs in the network of our advertising partners.
- Web beacons
Web beacons, also known as ”single pixel” or ”clear gif” or ”action tags” technology, can be used in the websites and our online communications. This technology shows us which visitors clicked on basic elements (as links or graphics) in a website or email. When you ask us to send you information of promotion or an informative bulletin, we may use web beacons in order to realize which email you have read. We use this information with a view to optimize the content, the services and our communications.
These web beacons usually operate in combination with cookies and they can be deactivated if you deactivate cookies (as described in the previous section). In certain email and browsing programs software, you can also change the settings, so that automatic download of photographs does not take place. Thus, the web beacon does not operate until you wish to receive the images.
- Control and deletion of cookies
You can check and/or delete cookies depending on your wishes. You can delete all cookies already stored in your computer, as well as set most browsers so that they do not allow the installation of cookies.
For more information with regard to the way of cookies management in your provider, please follow the following instructions, depending on the browser that you use: